You've likely noticed that Best Of took a long slow down and that the Community Moderators were a bit late on addressing Code of Honor violations for the past month or so. There's a decent reason for that. I took some vacations (you found out afterwards because there are devious souls that would commit more infractions while when we announce our absence). But there's another reason and that's because Sally just gave birth to her first child. The little boy was a bit of a preemie, but both are healthy and well. Sally's going to focus on the newest member of her family so it's just me for a little while.
The impacts to Newsvine should be minimal.
- I will be a bit slower in getting to violations
- I am more likely to give short suspensions rather than warnings because I don't have time to put up with chronic abusers
- Sally is coming back. When she does return the banhammer will get more use, because as those who've been warned or suspended know, she maintains a tighter leash.
- Best Of will get out, but sporadically as I'm going to focus on judicial moderation rather than inspirational.
As always, please continue to report via one of the three following methos
- Flag the comment using the flag feature. (This method is most preferred when available)
- Click on the “Help” dropdown menu and choose from that menu the proper way to report.
- Go to http://support.newsvine.com/and start a discussion through there.
It is always better to report than respond to violations. By reporting rather than responding in kind you help the conversation stay on the topic, which is almost always the news, issues and ideas of our times. The topic is almost never the person who seeded or wrote the article, unless the seed or article specifically opens themselves to discussion.
Go forth and educate and entertain each other.